If you are looking for powerful antivirus software that can clean up your PC thoroughly, then McAfee can be best for you.
Its well-rounded feature set & a wide variety of tools, from basic real-time scanning to more advanced heuristic scanning and script blocking provide absolute protection to your system.
McAfee is considered the first choice among Antivirus users around the world, the reason being its ease of use. However one needs to acquire a sound technical knowledge to run the software suite onto their devices. Most of the issues McAfee users face is email scanning. Security products automatically scan incoming and outgoing emails with attachments for virus. But at times can interfere with your email send and receive operation and your email client starts showing a slow and sluggish behavior.
So if you own any of the following McAfee Antivirus suite & could not able to perform real time email scanning on your devices, then this article will help you do one.
- McAfee Antivirus Plus
- McAfee Internet Security
- McAfee Total Protection
- McAfee All Access
- McAfee Family Protection
- McAfee Live Safe
What Causes your McAfee Stop or Sluggish Scanning?
McAfee Email scanning sometimes interferes with the email sends and receives operation that results in causing the email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook) to be slow& sluggish. Follow below the instructions to troubleshoot this scanning issue yourself.
Looking to troubleshoot McAfee Activation issues? Visit www.mcafee.com/activate.
Instructions for Disabling Email Scanning:
Step 1 : Try Disabling Temporarily Email Scanning.
- Open the McAfee product installed on your computer by clicking on the short-cut icon on the desktop or selecting the program from the program folder.
- Select the Virus and Spyware Protection menu option, and click on Real-Time Scanning.
- On Real-Time Scanning page, uncheck E-mail attachments in the settings option.
- Click Apply.
- Send a test email message.
- If send operation works then go to Step 3.
Step 2 : Check for another third party application.
- If after disabling McAfee Real-time Scanning, you still cannot send an email, there are other potential causes of the problem.
- Next thing to do is to check if another Security Software or Firewall is blocking the email client operations.
- Check if you have any other Security or Firewall software present on your computer by activating the “Add or Remove Program” control panel applet.
- If you find one, launch this application and use instructions similar to one provided in Step 1 to disable the real-time scanning.
- Send a test email message.
If the problem persists you need help from a certified technician. Get Support for McAfee on 1-800-445-2810 US Toll Free.
Step 3 : Turn on Scheduled Scan.
- If the problem is with the real-time scan that McAfee is performing on your email messages, then you have one option.
- You can turn-off real-time scanning so that it does not interfere with your applications and also not slow your computer down.
- But to ensure that your computer is protected, setup McAfee for a scheduled scan at a time when you are not likely to be actively using your computer.
If above steps did not help fix your problem, or you need help regarding http://www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard , Call toll free on given McAfee Technical Support Numbers.
Problem Still Persists?
If you are still not able to complete proper scanning into your device, then call on McAfee customer care number for assistance. Our expert technicians willassist you in troubleshooting your any McAfee issues whether it is related to scanning or installation/uninstallation or activation and setup.
Call us for an instant remote support. Just dial our toll free numbers 1-800-445-2810 (USA), +61-1800-769-903 (AUS), +44-800-078-6054 (UK).
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.