McAfee Real time Scanning checks every single file in real time, at the time they are created, opened or copied. Real time Scanning remains on everytime. Real Time Scanning offers useful protection against latest viruses everytime email is sent or received. However Real-time scanning do make your email client slow and sluggish.
Though McAfee security products automatically scan emails for virus whether incoming and outgoing yet the feature sometimes causes errors and keep turning off itself. This causes problems since your system is now prone to viruses. Your McAfee stops scanning email attachments and this makes the reason for concern. In this post we are telling you ways to troubleshoot your McAfee Real Time Scanning that turns off itself. If you got other problems with your McAfee just call on McAfee Contact Number mentioned below.
McAfee Products that Suffer
You may face problems with Real time scanning if you have products: McAfee AntiVirus Plus, McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee All Access, McAfee Family Protection, McAfee Live Safe. Find below the tutorial to resolve this error.
What Causes this Error?
There are two reasons why your McAfee Real Time Scanning suddenly keeps turning off:
- McAfee Email scanning might be interfering with the email send and receive operation, thus creating problems with Real Time Scanning.
- McAfee Email scanning may also be causing the email client to be very slow and sluggish.
Instructions for Disabling Email Scanning:
Step 1: Try Disabling Temporarily Email Scanning.
- Open the installed McAfee by clicking on the short-cut icon present on the desktop or from program folder.
- Open McAfee & Select the Virus and Spyware Protection option from Menu, and click on Real-Time Scanning.
- On Real-Time Scanning page, uncheck E-mail attachments in the settings option.
- Click Apply.
- Send a test email message.
- Try sending an email now.
- If send operation works then go to Step 3.
Step 2: Check for another third party application.
If after disabling McAfee Real-time Scanning, you still cannot send an email, there are other potential causes of the problem. To resolve them, follow the steps below:
- Check if another Security Software or Firewall is blocking the email client operations.
- Check if you have any other Security or Firewall software present on your computer by activating the “Add or Remove Program” control panel applet.
- If you find one, launch this application and follow the instructions given in Step 1 to disable the real-time scanning.
- Send a test email message.
- If the problem persists you need help from a certified McAfee technician on McAfee Customer Service
Step 3: Turn on Scheduled Scan.
If the problem is with the real-time scan that McAfee is performing on your email messages, then you have one option.
- You can turn-off real-time scanning so that it does not interfere with your applications and also not slow your computer down.
- But to ensure that your computer is protected, setup McAfee for a scheduled scan at a time when you are not likely to be actively using your computer.
If above steps did not help fix your problem, you need assistance from a certified technician. Do visit www.mcafee.com/activate or call at 1-800-445-2810 USA Toll Free.
Best McAfee Rea Time Scanning Support Online| 1-800-445-2810
If you are looking to resolve other errors related to McAfee Total Protection or any other security product, we recommend you to talk to our technicians who have a vast knowledge in the field. Our representative will help you resolve your any McAfee issue whether related to configuration, Activation or Installation with full customer satisfaction.
Just note down the McAfee Support Phone Number that are absolutely toll free 1-800-445-2810 (USA/Canada), +61-1800-769-903 (Aus), +44-800-046-5700 (UK)
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.